Salt and Seed Yoga, is a small business, owned and operated by one person who is passionate about the environment and conscious about creating as little negative impact on the earth as possible.
I have put a lot of love, time and money into researching my products. I have had many samples from many materials and through this process I am able to deliver to my customers a quality product that aims to put less stress on the environment.
I am always researching new materials and production methods to bring you a more eco friendly option as we can always continue to strive to do better for our planet.
Salt and Seed is an ethical lifestyle brand whos focus in on sustainability and minimising the impact on our ocean and earth.
We care about the wellbeing of our planet and aim to inspire you to live passionately and thread lightly. To Connect to all with compassion, to Conserve our beautiful planet and to Create a mindful life.
Our yoga and surf leggings are made from bamboo fabric and discarded fishing nets that have been reclaimed from the ocean! How cool is that!
Why we use BAMBOO fabric
- Uses very little water and no pesticides or fertilisers.
- Maximum softness and minimal impact on environment.
- Bamboo is sustainable as it is highly renewable.
- Contains natural antibacterial properties and allows skin to breathe
- Fast growing and regenerates rapidly without the use of pesticides.
- Fabric made from bamboo fibre is soft to touch and naturally anti-bacterial.
Why we use ECONYL RECYCLED Nylon fabric
- Salt and Seed is dedicated to reusing and reducing post consumer waste. Our team spend a lot of time in the water and have a deep love and respect for the ocean and our planet, so it made sense that we search for a fabric that supports our love
- Our recycled nylon fabric that we choose to use is made with ECONYL, a fabric made from post and pre consumer waste, most notably fish farming nets and ghost fishing nets.
- 650.000 tons of fishing nets are left on the bottom of our oceans.
- Discarded fishing nets are one of our oceans life greatest threats. Ocean currents brings these synthetic nets to mass together in bulk, and can drift for years as they barely breakdown. Ocean animals and fish end up trapped in these nets along with reefs being destroyed by them.
- We are working to reduce the amount of fishing nets discarding in our oceans and are always looking for ways we can benefit the environment.
Save the oceans – do yoga!
Why we use HEMP FIBER and ECO RUBBER in our yoga mats
- Eco friendly rubber contains no heavy metals or phathalates. Great for people who suffer allergies and are wanting to make a conscious choice to be kinder to the environment.
- Hemp is a highly renewable resource and put little strain on the soil, meaning it has minimal impact on the nutrients and environment it is grown.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Online yoga shop coming soon!
(In the meantime, if there is anything on our site you love and want to have in your life, please send us an email and we will let you know about available stock and postage options!)
Follow us on instagram
Be the change you want to see and to continue to care for our planet for years to come.
“As a yoga beginner my experience was very enjoyable and my instructor Nikki made me feel very comfortable and ensured my experience was the best experience for my level. Cant wait for my next class”
Anthony ‘Hobsy’ Jacobs